I can't believe how fast this summer has gone by! In the past couple of months, I have been swamped with writing my book on being a missional mom, such that school preparation has been on the back burner. We are starting one week from today, though, so I better get cracking!
Here is what I have decided on so far:
For Harry (3rd grade):
- Exploring Countries and Cultures, My Father's World
- Continue with Singapore Math
- Latina Christiana
- Spelling Power
- New American Cursive III
- First Language Lessons
- Writing With Ease
- Mandarin and Spanish if we can fit some in!
For Ron (Kindergarten):
- Continue with Ordinary Parents Guide to Teaching Reading
- My Father's World-Kindergarten (primarily the character-teaching/Bible lessons, which includes science/nature studies)
- New American Cursive (he really really really wants to begin this program!)
- Song School Latin
- Singapore Earlybird B
- Joining in on world geography with Harry when appropriate
For Dobby (preschool):
- Grasshopper Kits
- Trying to keep him out of the other boys' way when they're working!
So that's our short summary for now. I can't believe how fast it's coming. I know I could just delay a week and start later...but I really don't want to wait any longer! So next Monday it is. Will post more then! In the meantime we will continue to enjoy the last vestiges of summer!